Founded in 1933, Canal Barge Company owns and operates a fleet of more than 800 barges that transport valuable liquid, dry and deck cargoes up and down the river to destinations in North America, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and even across the Atlantic ocean.
New Orleans, LA
Increased win rates and user adoption on Sales Cloud
- Canal Barge was not seeing a return on its investment in Sales Cloud under its existing set-up / configuration.
- Low user adoption put this account at risk for attrition.
- Current CRM configuration was unable to effectively support their day-to-day business model, sales process, and sales activities.
- Lacked that ability to recognize upsell opportunities with chemical and oil companies.
- Reports and dashboards were infrequently and inconsistently utilized.
- Configero worked with Canal Barge to provide overall process improvement and workflow guidance.
- Developed one Visualforce entry page and added to the opportunity UI to simplify the deal entry process. This streamlined the creation process for reps, which required many points of data entry.
- Developed APEX logic that executed from the Opportunity Visualforce page to populate other fields on standard objects.
- Stopped talks of attrition and helped Salesforce successfully negotiate the customer renewal.
- Improved user adoption from 33% to over 90%.
- Improved deal visibility at the executive level, which led to an additional 25% increase in close ratio.
- Improved management’s confidence in their deal forecast by 25%.