In the sold-out breakout session “Keeping it Simple with Permission Sets” at Dreamforce ’12, speakers shared how Permission Sets can help Salesforce administrators manage users’ access rights with more control and freedom than with Profiles alone. Managing Director Jody Hamlett shared how Configero helped streamline a complex security model for a large, publicly traded company in the health care industry by building base profiles and custom permission sets for cross-functional users.
A few best practices and takeways include:
- View all data – Recertify who can view all data in your org
- Manage Users – Reduce the number of users who can: create/modify profiles and permission sets and create/modify sharing rules
- Price Book Administrator – Consolidate who in Sales Ops can manage products and price books
- API Only User – Manage Integrations more easily by migrating this permision from all profiles to a single permission set
- Approver – Use filed level security to determine who can approve a record in an approval process
To learn more about Permission Sets or to request a demo, please contact us.